Who Am I?
My passion is rooted in empowering people to empower themselves.
Technology is wonderfully powerful… when it’s understood. So, I write and talk about technology, specifically cybersecurity and privacy, in ways that empower people to better protect themselves. Tech Unheard is where you’ll find an archive of translated security knowledge, ways I can help, and random happenings.
I am a Privacy Engineer with a curious and analytical mindset who loves building (and breaking) things. Currently, I’m solving privacy challenges at Google during the day and bridging the gap between the security industry and its users at night.
In 2019, I became the first woman and African American to earn a Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity in Georgia.
And I didn’t do it alone. My goal is to use unique experiences from my journey to help as many people as possible with theirs. Whether it be improving your cybersecurity habits or breaking into the industry, I want to help. Please reach out to me for freelance, speaking, partnership or other opportunities or questions.
- Google Privacy Engineer · 2020 – Present
- Lockheed Martin Cybersecurity Engineer · 2020
- University of Chicago Security Researcher · 2019 to 2020
- Cisco Security and Privacy Intern · 2019
- Cisco Security Software Intern · 2018
- WarnerMedia Security Analyst Intern · 2017
- Boeing Systems Security Intern · 2017